How to hack repetitive publicity tasks and get your life back!

Welcome Forums Member Forums General Resources How to hack repetitive publicity tasks and get your life back!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      S3I Staff

This is the presentation Liz gave at the STC Summit 2020. This video, the slides, and the resources, are not available publicly.

Original Event post: https://www.single-sourcing.com/events/how-to-hack-repetitive-publicity-tasks-and-get-your-life-back/

Session Description

Is your social media a series of bursts that happen when you remember to do it? Do you throw the same message into the void (as if every audience and every channel was the same) and hope for the best?

Join us as we share tips for maintaining a more constant, professional presence, while taking less time doing it! Through a combination of freely available tools we all have on our desktops, you can automate repetitive tasks, creating entire campaigns in minutes.

We’re all part of many communities and areas of influence that affect our status and contribute to our success. Some overlap, some don’t. The more we have, the easier it is to drown, resulting in a half-assed job that damages our credibility in the process.

If you do the same tasks over and over—such as announcements of events or speaking engagements, blog post promotion, publicity, and follow-up—you can take advantage of simple automations that have huge impact.

Start creating the right message for the right audience via the right channel with minimal effort on your part. You’ll be amazed at how little you need to do to feed the machine.

I was blown away by Liz Fraley’s session How to Hack Repetitive Publicity Tasks and Get Your Life Back!  She showed how to be present across social media platforms without spending hours updating everything each week. She generously shared resources to help us figure out how to make use of her techniques. I still struggle to shift my mindset from Microsoft to Google. Liz gave me tips that are making that transition easier. ~M.S., Technical Writer, CPTC, Attendee @ STC Summit 2020

Watch the video

View the slides

Resources

Our favorite links for hacking publicity, all in one handy document: bit.ly/s3i-publicity-links

Templates for you to use as a starting point:

Links from the presentation:

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.