+1 408 660-3210 sales@single-sourcing.com

Back Office: Hack Your Interactive Technical Content

Welcome to the TPC Affinity Group Forums Forums Member Forums Arbortext Affinity Group ACL and Programming Back Office: Hack Your Interactive Technical Content

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      S3I Staff

Arbortext Monster Garage, Season 2, Episode 20

In this session of Arbortext Monster Garage series by Single-Sourcing Solutions, Duan Gauche will show you how to band-aid Arbortext SIS and get your parts list out of Creo Illustrate and into Arbortext. Duan will show how to place your parts list in Arbortext Editor. He’s going to show a small app that he developed that opens a Creo Illustrate file and then automatically inserts the parts list from the selected figure into your editor session at the current position of the cursor.

View Duan’s original blog post on this subject.

• Skill Level: Intermediate
      • Presenter: Duan Gauché, ProductOne

Watch the video

View the Slides

Duan’s Original Blog Post (preserved for posterity)

Band-Aid for PTC Arbortext SIS

Published: October 12, 2011

Author: dgauche

I have noticed that PTC does not yet provide a way to place your parts list in Arbortext Editor.

Obviously this is a bit of a gaping wound… so with all that pain, one needs a bit of aspirin and a band-aid.

While I can’t help you with the aspirin, I can help you with some band-aid.  I have developed a small app that opens a Creo Illustrate file and then automatically inserts the parts list from the selected figure into your editor session at the current position of the cursor.

Band-aid application
      picture of Band-aid Application

Parts list inserted into Editor
      picture of Parts list inserted into Editor

Video from Original Blog Post (preserved)

This the video he originally had available. We’ve preserved a copy for posterity. If you are interested in this application, leave a comment on his original blog post.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.